Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I yearn for the days SNL and comedians were not political hacks in disguise.
(03-25-2024, 05:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's literally nothing in this post that can be argued with.  It would be ok for left leaning people to just admit that Biden and Harris get a major pass from what passes for late night television now.  Chevy Chase's Gerald Ford was more sharp than Biden, yet I cant recall a Biden is out of it sketch at any point in his presidency.  Certainly not at a fraction of what Trump gets.

If there is a market for a comedy show with a right-wing lean, the free market will provide it for us.  Seems like liberals prefer their "other side bashing" in the form of comedy and conservatives prefer their "other side bashing" in the form of a newscast.  How much people buy into the reality of these things is on them.  If you are telling me that Tucker Carlson acting like a complete mark for "quarter deposit" shopping carts and bread isn't comedy, I don't know what to tell you.

But why doesn't Elon Musk pay Maya Rudolph $100 million a year to make fun of Kamala Harris and pay me $100 million a year to put on a Biden mask and declare my love of sniffing children and then throw myself down a flight of stairs?

Make this show happen. Actually, I'd bet there is a cameo channel or 100+ where a guy in a Biden mask will say stupid shit for you for the right price.

The right wing money is in "news" and grievances and fear mongering more than comedy and it could be argued that the comedy shows that bash Trump are spreading fear and grievances in their own way, it's more about delivery.  That's why even someone like Roseanne Barr who is responsible for one of the most successful comedy shows in decades just resorts to screaming about bullshit and stolen elections when it comes time to show her political leanings.  It's just what people want.

EDIT - Wait a minute, I just remembered that politicians on the right from Ted Cruz to that Kennedy guy who isn't RFK to Trump himself dable in stand-up comedy liberal bashing during their speeches.  That Kennedy guy said that kale tastes like he'd rather be fat.  Got me rollin' in the aisles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I yearn for the days SNL and comedians were not political hacks in disguise. - Nately120 - 03-25-2024, 05:47 PM