Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION
So, I haven't commented on these threads because I haven't been paying much attention to this news because, well, I just don't care. After reading some information on it and listening to some stock market folks talk about it, I have some thoughts.

First, my opinions on the stock market are what they are, and they are not great. This situation really does nothing to improve those views. That's kind of my preface to all of this.

Truth Social's financials really don't justify the amount the shares are going for. This is almost entirely propped up by the hype of Trump, which I suppose doesn't make it much different than much of Trump's businesses. All foam and no beer. All hat and no cattle.

The increase in wealth doesn't translate to much that is usable. There are limitations on what Trump can sell, and even if their weren't it would ruin the value of the company since it is propped up by him being involved in the way he is. There also isn't a high likelihood of any loan being taken out with the stock as collateral because of the hollow value that exists in it. Really, the biggest boost for Trump are the "he is so much wealthier now!" headlines. I'll be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to see him dump this all after losing the election or after a second term.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - Belsnickel - 03-26-2024, 08:17 AM