Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I yearn for the days SNL and comedians were not political hacks in disguise.
(03-25-2024, 06:38 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If you actually watched any of the shows instead of edited clips, you realize that they poke fun of Biden all of the time. Seth Meyers makes fun of Biden on almost every episode . . . But does Biden publicly blurt out every thought that's in his head like Trump? Nope. Not as much material to work with. it's hilarious that those on the right complain about hearing Trump jokes from comedians that they don't watch and want to know "Where are the Biden jokes?" . . . everyone is getting used to being spoon fed.

"I only know what I see or what I am guided to . . . I can't find shit on my own. And since I'm too lazy to look, I'll just assume that I'm right . . .  There . . . now I'm comfortable".

Oh you can make fun of Biden a little, sure. But it's just mostly harmless things that usually make him have some lovable quirks, like quoting him saying "Mularkey" or "I'm not kidding around here", or claim that he personally witnessed the civil war, all quality jokes... but you can not possibly go further or else you get lambasted, like Stewart got. That's the new expectation, that they do not really go after the powerful, only after the powerful on the Trump side of things. Eg. you only have to say the amount of dollars Trump has to pay in whatever lawsuit and people just cheer endlessly. That is not even comedy any more, and it's cowardly.

Admittedly, some are worse then others. But the bold, inconvenient political comedy seems gone aside from Stewart and maybe Maher, the rest is pretty much MSNBC'd. Which might be a result of a deeply polarized society, but it's sad nonetheless. OP, imho, has a point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I yearn for the days SNL and comedians were not political hacks in disguise. - hollodero - 03-26-2024, 11:23 AM