Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I yearn for the days SNL and comedians were not political hacks in disguise.
(03-26-2024, 04:15 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Since you love to repeatedly bring this up, I'll finally give my answer.

As a lifelong Independent, I gave up on policy differences for the most part about 35 years ago. I realized that no matter who I vote for, I'm also voting for things that I'm against. So now that leaves me with character and lately, this is a MAJOR Republican weakness. I have stated before, as long as Trump is your candidate, I am forever against you. And that 'you' that I speak of is the current Republican party.

For the last 35 or so years, I would ask myself this about the candidates.

Would I . . . ?
Want want him/her as a neighbor
Want him to be the coach of a kids team/role model
Want to work for them
Want to hire their company
Trust them with my money
Trust them with other people's money

And also, do they have the ability to make thought out decisions and not act irrationally or on emotion? Nately had a great line about the possibility of senility in each candidate, paraphrasing/butchering here ''I feel that Biden could be talked into doing something sane by his staff and Trump would most likely ignore good advice and listen only to those that feed into his worst impulses.''

And as far as pointing out a policy, I don't like whatever made it easier on small crime about 8 years ago and made shoplifting a profession. I was threatened to be fired because I followed a shoplifter out of the store that I worked at, just to take a close up picture of his license plate. I didn't confront them or try to take the merchandise back and was pulled into the security office and told not to follow them outside again. 20 years in the company and I lasted one more month before moving on.

I actually wasn't speaking to you, but thank you for the answer.  I can also understand your position.  Yet some here can't seem to find a Dem policy they disagree with.  It strikes me as extremely strange to be in total lockstep with every position of any political party

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I yearn for the days SNL and comedians were not political hacks in disguise. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-26-2024, 05:48 PM