Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critique this Top 5 Bengals picks idea
(03-26-2024, 06:14 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Bengals definitely need to add a FA corner. I'm not expecting a chance at one of the pro-ready corners. I'm thinking they pick one in the 4th or later and he adds to the development pool.

Brian Thomas could be good. But he could bust out too. Receivers in the 1st round seem to have around a 50% hit rate, 50% bust rate so I am weary and only want to pick one if I feel like it's a slam dunk. We already have our slam dunk in Chase and can easily fill out the room with mid round picks where there is more value.

For the top pick I am wanting a trade down and to dip into the Oline or DT pool. 

DT is top heavy so it would be ideal to get one at the end of the 1st or start of the 2nd.
McKinnley will rise up the draft boards I believe. But he is rated to go much lower. Therefore a trade down would again make sense to me in that situation.

RB is just a position I don't think we need to draft high. We've got our 1st and 2nd stringers set--and I love their potential as a duo. 
I'm very high on Brown, and Moss is perfect for our offense--especially out of pass formations.
If we're to draft a RB, I'd like it to be because he fell and we just can't pass up the talent. 
But there are much bigger needs that can be filled. And it's a weak draft for RB so I'm totally fine not picking one.

Tight end I feel the same. What we need is a blocking tight end that can be a pass catcher when called upon. Someone to back up Sample.
I feel like we could target that position late unless there was a tight end that fell that was just too good to pass up on.

I like the Fischer pick because athletically he has the makings of a good offensive tackle. He just needs coaching/development. 
That's good value where you picked him.

Overall it makes sense--I get what you are trying to do. I would just like a little more meat with the draft. 
Another poster said the biggest areas we need to improve are on defense and along the oline. I agree.

I'd like to come out of a deep oline draft feeling like we got a healthy chunk of value.
It'd be nice to get a great OT and IOL prospect minimum. We need to get some young talent to develop in anticipation of expiring vet contracts.

And I'd like to come out of the draft feeling like we got a good chunk of defensive value as well to improve our biggest weakness last year.

Based on what you said, there could be 2 Trade Down opportunities early on.

Trade down off of pick #18

Trade down off of pick #49 (to maybe target McKinnley Jackson a little later)

*I do think DT McKinnley Jackson will rise on Draft Boards as you said but my pick at #49 may still be too early.

Two Trade Downs early sounds interesting and I stay open minded. 

Would the Bengals ever get this off script during a Draft ?  Probably not but it is interesting to think about.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Critique this Top 5 Bengals picks idea - depthchart - 03-26-2024, 06:36 PM