Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I yearn for the days SNL and comedians were not political hacks in disguise.
(03-26-2024, 05:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I actually wasn't speaking to you, but thank you for the answer.  I can also understand your position.  Yet some here can't seem to find a Dem policy they disagree with.  It strikes me as extremely strange to be in total lockstep with every position of any political party

To be quite honest, most people have no idea what the actual political positions are of the parties. I mean, one party lacks an actual platform and the other has a wide spectrum of members. Political parties in this country only exist to provide a structure for elections and members are not beholden to any sort of party positions. The majority of voters only have ad hoc policy positions and are not ideological other than the superficial things we see with the most ardent followers.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I yearn for the days SNL and comedians were not political hacks in disguise. - Belsnickel - 03-26-2024, 07:13 PM