Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Francis Scott Key Bridge collapsed in Baltimore
I travel the bridge fairly often. Crossed it twice yesterday, was supposed to tomorrow and Thursday. I have sites all over that area. Travel will be very interesting for awhile. Very surreal for us in MD. As stated before, the economic impact will be huge. This waterway is our main shipping port, number nine in the entire world. People will not be able to work, period. A side of that bring had super massive warehouses ( Amazon, FedEx, etc. ) All HazMat trucks will have to circle around Baltimore.

Friend of the family lost their family member as part of the road crew ( I did not know them ). We lost six road workers due to a speeding car flipping into a work zone on the other side of the beltway last year. Just rough stuff. The Feds say they will rebuild the bridge. No idea how long it will take. I do know when there are impossible emergencies and they cut the red tape, work can be done quickly. Shall see about this
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Francis Scott Key Bridge collapsed in Baltimore - Destro - 03-26-2024, 07:38 PM