Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Mock Draft Challenge: March
I used MDD.

1 - 18. JC Latham, OT, Alabama. Poised, steady and he's accustomed to the bright lights. Is he good enough to handle Myles Garrett, TJ Watt and the Ravens' elaborate blitz packages? Who knows. But at least he'll have the intangibles for it. 

2 - 49. Christian Haynes, IOL, Connecticut. Can play any of the three IOLs. 9.31 RAS. Team captain. Force at the Senior Bowl. I think he'll be productive in the league for a long time. 

3 - 80. McKinnley Jackson, NT, Texas A&M. Arguably the second-best NT on the board (Sweat). Also team captain. He can fill some of the niche left by Reader.  

3 - 97. Jonathon Brooks, RB, Texas. Rated by Draft Buzz as the best pass blocker of this year's RBs. But it doesn't have to be him. Estime and Wright could have been taken here if they suit your fancy instead. For me it's more about the position than the name (see below). 

4 - 115. Brenden Rice, WR, USC. I'm really hesitant to take sons of legends. But when you watch Brenden Rice on tape you realize this isn't Bronny James- this is at least a physical replica of Jerry. How he managed to maintain the grind despite living in a lap of luxury blows me away. But I don't ask questions. I just take him if he falls to 115. If anything, his athleticism may be superior to his father's (8.73 RAS; 4.51 40). 

5 - 149. Mohamed Kamara, EDGE, Colorado State. Smack talker and team captain. My favorite combo. 

6 - 194. Nehemiah Pritchett, CB. Auburn. 4.36 40. Mind you, that's long speed more so than initial burst but I think it's good value to add another DB here with physical tools that can be molded into an asset. His teammate Jaylin Simpson was sitting here too if you prefer him. Also Kamal Hadden (Tenn), Johnny Dixon (PSU)... someone will drop. 

6 - 214. Dallin Holker, TE. Colorado State. Not just a captain but a teammate of Kamara's (total coincidence lol). I like the interviews I've seen with Holker and he's easily worth a pick on day 3, particularly for a team like us who could use another body in the TE room. 

7 - 224. Tyrice Knight, LB. UTEP. Special teams contributor with the potential to do more.

7 - 237. Evan Anderson, NT, Florida Atlantic. I hope we take a flier on Anderson. Insurance if something happens to McKinnley Jackson. 

General notes
  • Spend our first and second-rounders on OL. It just seems to makes sense with the big board as currently projected. We can take Verse, Newton, Murphy or (gasp) Thomas Jr too, but if we do that I find we end up chasing the rest of our picks. Whereas it comes together so much cleaner if we take care of the OL right off the bat. 
  • Spend one of our third-rounders on Mixon's replacement. Consider it Bates' parting gift. I thought we missed the cream of the crop last year but there are at least five backs this year who could help right away. Maybe not like Bijan Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs, but help right away nonetheless. Getting one of them here would set us up for years. 
  • If the past month is any indication, my mock will change dramatically by the time we get to the draft. Lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Mock Draft Challenge: March - tms - 03-26-2024, 07:41 PM