Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(03-28-2024, 11:44 AM)pally Wrote: well you reacted exactly how I would have predicted.  And exactly why becoming totalitarian is easier to achieve than assumed.  Because people like you think the idea is silly.

If I stepped in dog poop I'd bet you could predict my reaction as well.  I think your assertion that it will be easily achieved is silly, yes.  it is demonstrably so.

Quote:The architects of this have been working for 40 years towards this goal.  They've put pieces in place including a majority of Federalist Society members on the Supreme Court.  You have a candidate right now who is planning on purging the civil service system because its bloated, not because its incompetent but for political ideology.  You've got state laws that muzzle teachers from essentially anything but right-wing positions

News flash, both sides work towards these exact same goals.  Come to CA and tell me that ideological purity isn't a goal for the civil service.  You won't be able to.

Quote:The press is the 'enemy of the people"

What a shame that the legacy media actually provides this position with valid examples on a nearly daily basis.

Quote:Immigrants are here to replace white Americans and are "poisoning the blood"

Who said they're here to replace "white people".  Please link source.  You are talking about a government official since it's being cited as an example of a deliberate slide towards totalitarianism.

Quote:The drip drip drip of attempting to force right wing evangelical beliefs into the school systems and legal systems

Again, an argument could easily be made the exact same thing is happening in deep blue states.  Is that part of a slide toward fascism as well?

Quote:People who disagree with Trumpism are unAmerican and should be "driven out"

Who said this?  Again, link source.

Quote:Open your eyes!  pooh poohing the rhetoric coming from Trump and his followers is being deliberately ignorant

Not agreeing with you is not synonymous with being ignorant.  That's a rather totalitarian way to view things.  It's telling you didn't even attempt to refute my points, just threw out more of your own.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-28-2024, 12:02 PM