Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(03-28-2024, 01:43 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nothing else hunh? 

and FYI, i don't get into all of the details on it, cause in my opin, if he was guilty, then the Federal Government should have been all over him and charged him immediately. 

So why didn't they?

Well, I'd guess all indictments take their time, even more so if it's about a former president with an extremely loyal fanbase, that is delicate and won't get done overnight. But I have to wonder. If a president losing an election calls a state secretary and tries to pressure him to find the necessary nuber of votes to overturn the state results, or employs fake electors, or tries to get his VP to not certify an election result, how is there even an "if" involved. He did all those things.

I can give you another example, Trump and his lawyers argue for total immunity that he should enjoy as president, including killing political opponents. As stated by the lawyers themselves. That idea is as dictatorial as it gets.

Whether Trump can actually achieve what he aims for, that I do not know. But there is little doubt about his intent. Eg. the man himself declared that rectifying the "stolen" election superseeds the laws written in the constitution.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - hollodero - 03-28-2024, 02:18 PM