Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump invited to wake of slain NYC police officer Diller
(03-28-2024, 07:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sicknick died of natural causes.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/19/988876722/capitol-police-officer-brian-sicknick-died-of-natural-causes-medical-examiner-ru

Did he have the strokes due to stress from the day before?  Possibly, but that's not provable.  But you waiving the bloody shirt like the Dems actually care about law enforcement is laughable.  I've had friends die from heart attacks the day after being attacked.  No one ever got charged with murdering them.  It's amazing that the only law enforcement agency the Dems care even a little about is the one they can exploit politically.

Also, please know deep in your heart that almost every single LEO absolutely loathes the Democratic party for what they've done to us the past four plus years.  We don't believe you give a shit about us, we know many of your base despise us and we know that you're only reversing course on treating us like shit now because it's hurting you politically.  I'm, of course, speaking from personal experience.  But it is expansive, both in person and online.  And it is universal in its outcome.

You're not wrong about Sicknick, but let's not pretend that Trump isn't talking about pardoning people who did actually commit violence against LEOs on January 6th. He is calling them heroes and hostages for violent actions against police, some of whom have pled guilty to that effect and many of whom show zero remorse. Would you not consider this to be an attack on the rule of law?

I'll be honest, were I in a demographic, be it through race, religion, profession, or anything else that was used as a political prop by politicians I would probably hate them, too. I am just often frustrated by people who don't recognize that neither party gives a shit about you, or any of us. Political parties as a whole are concerned about winning elections and they will shift their positions with the winds of public opinion. Do you think the GOP won't drop LEOs if they see it prudent just as quickly as they dropped free-trade when Trump told them to?

I really just hate partisan bullshit, to be honest. Neither party really lives up to my values or meets my views on things and I see them as nothing more than tribal designations which are erroneously used as identities even though the vast majority of people who claim them are outsiders looking in who wouldn't be given the time of day by those on the inside.

Sorry, feeling a little ranty this evening for some reason so just a mini-tirade of the idiocy of our current political system and the way people fall for the propaganda designed to divide them.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump invited to wake of slain NYC police officer Diller - Belsnickel - 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM