Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(03-29-2024, 10:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are the Democrats really not working to subvert democracy into their favor?  I mean pulling out mail in voting for the 2020 election has all the earmarks of subversive action intended to gain an edge. I find it very interesting the only the Democratic party in the US felt the need to muddy electoral waters with mail in voting requiring no ID to gain said ballot of course, under the guise of pandemic safety of course, while the rest of the developed nations in the world seem to have taken mail in voting off the table as an option for the most part.

https://heartland.org/opinion/most-developed-countries-have-banned-mass-mail-in-voting-the-united-states-must-do-the-same/

So, here are my issues with the movement against mail-in voting: it doesn't just target mail-in voting. Let me explain. In Virginia, all in-person early and mail-in ballots are received and counted in the same place at the same time. Obviously, I don't know how many other states behave in this manner but I am willing to bet it is quite a few. So when "mail-in" ballots are targeted in Virginia the number is greatly inflated because many, if not most of those being claimed as mail-in ballots were cast in person prior to Election Day and that person had to verify their identity to cast that ballot.

We need to make it easier for those eligible to vote. Point blank. Election Day is on an inconvenient day for modern society. There are ersatz poll taxes in some places and unwieldy, burdensome policies surrounding it in others. Mail-in voting pre-pandemic is certainly an imperfect system, but it is not as prevalent as most would claim and it isn't as ripe for fraud as many think.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - Belsnickel - 03-29-2024, 11:32 AM