Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Another Trump lawyer disbarred
(03-30-2024, 03:46 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just curious, when the Democrats did the fake elector thing, were they punished for it? 

Can't imagine what you are referring to.

So far as I know, the Democrats have never, in coordination with their party representatives in different states,
attempted to overthrow a legitimate election using fake electors.

But perhaps you ask because some GOP operatives found out that in 1960, after Nixon won a close vote in Hawaii, Dem electors there certified an alternative slate of votes and sent it DC along with the Nixon slate. (See Dino's link above.) Nixon, then VP, received both, but acknowledged the Dem slate as valid

--because in the interim a recount showed Kennedy had won. In any case, Hawaii would not have decided the election.

And all was done above board, with a court's blessing, NOT in secret, behind locked doors, ILLEGALLY coordinated with the WH and RNC in other states.
So if that's what you are referring to then NO, those electors were NOT punished for NOT breaking the law. That was the pre-Trump world.

I hope you have noticed my frequent remarks on other threads about the tremendous pressure on GOP leaders and "journalists" to create and circulate
FALSE EQUIVALENCES useful to minimizing their leader's criminal actions.

Every week we see two or three new ones.  Double standard double standard.  PS just saw Pally explained all this anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Another Trump lawyer disbarred - pally - 03-27-2024, 08:44 PM
RE: Another Trump lawyer disbarred - Dill - 03-30-2024, 02:22 AM
RE: Another Trump lawyer disbarred - pally - 03-30-2024, 07:16 AM
RE: Another Trump lawyer disbarred - Dill - 03-30-2024, 02:07 PM
RE: Another Trump lawyer disbarred - pally - 03-31-2024, 10:22 AM