Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump invited to wake of slain NYC police officer Diller
(03-30-2024, 06:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What action do you expect from him? The POTUS has no authority over DAs. State governments are their own sovereigns and through most of modern history, presidents have not gotten involved in those sorts of local things. It's not their place to. When it comes to the attempt to do something similar to what you are against in DC, Biden railed against it as that is his role being that DC is a federal district.

What is Biden in a position to do about them? What authority does Biden have over local DAs?

Bel, I rather explained that in the post you responded to.  If he disagrees with it he should call it out.  If he finds being lenient to criminals, and the subsequent fallout, abhorrent, he should say so.  If he believes that, which he may, but says nothing then he's complicit.  You're literally asking what the face of the entire party can do about the politics of their party?  If he can't do anything who TF can?  Say he does believe that what these "progressive" DA's do is terrible.  Why does he say nothing?  Why does he allow the continued victimization of US residents by recidivist criminals to pass without comment?

You and I both know why, because he will not criticize his own party.  He won't risk a split between more centrist Dems and the "progressives" because it will hurt their electoral chances.  So, even if he is full square against these soft on crime DA's, which is a huge assumption, he says nothing about them and the damage they cause.  He is, at best, complicit and at worse in favor of them.  Either way he is culpable.  We hear a lot here, and rightfully so, of the cowardice within the GOP for failing to stand up to Trump or call out his excesses.  Why then does Biden get a complete pass on this, or any issue?  He shouldn't and he won't, not from me.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump invited to wake of slain NYC police officer Diller - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-30-2024, 06:43 PM