Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence..
(03-30-2024, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: SSF is in my opinion the furthest thing from a Trump supporter.

Oh, sure. Only thing in common is a quite intense dislike of the Democrats.

(03-30-2024, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now Dill, with him being a college professor of philosophy or some such, is a bit over the top in his partisan rhetoric.  His posts regarding Trump are "over the top" for someone supposedly in a position of leading and teaching a new generation. If anything, a person of his station should maintain a position (at least outwardly) of neutrality, and only focus on the bigger picture. 

Can't say I agree with that stance. I don't think a teaching profession means one should not harbor political preferences or has to stay neutral on a political message board. As for the bigger picture, I guess he sees the danger he and I perceive Trump to be as the bigger picture.

(03-30-2024, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The truth of the matter is that in our Nation, both parties are losing supporters at a fast clip. If ever there was a time for a 3rd party to make a significant impact on an election, this would be the year. The Democaratic Party has went to great lengths to denounce and defame the "no labels party", in my opinion because several of the supporters of NLP are people who chose to leave the current Democaratic Party as their ideals simply don't align with mainstream America any longer. If you ask me, a candidate like Joe Machin with a running mate like Tulsi Gabbard could actually gain enough votes from both sides to make a significant impact in the upcoming election. But, it likely won't happen.

Sounds legit in theory, but as long as your voting system of one candidate per voting district, winner takes it all remains the same, and your campaign finance laws stay the same, this seems utopic to me. How could a Manchin or a Manchin party ever compete with the money and media powerhouses both parties erected around themselves. They'd crush him financially and in the mass media outlets, he'd get accused of helping the worse guy win, his party have no real chance to gain a single seat in Congress even if 20% of people supported him. Imho it's pointless and he knows that full well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats losing all credibility in denial of overwhelming evidence.. - hollodero - 03-30-2024, 09:20 PM