Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals in an Offensive Rebuild?
This off-season the Bengals have kept their contracts fluid without locking themselves into any long term deals. Outside of the 3 core players (Burrow, Chase, Brown) they don't have a contract that has heavy dead cap. Alex Cappa would carry the largest dead cap of 2.25m if he is cut anytime after June 1st 2024.

Tanner Hudson, Trent Irwin, Treyveon Williams, Cody Ford, and even Mike Gesiki can all be cut right now for less than 1 million dead cap total. None of these guys even have a guaranteed roster spot in 2024. You can add in Trent Brown to that for a total of 3m 2024 dead cap for all 6 players. Drew Sample was a 3 year 10mish deal but its also a 1 year/4.9m with a zero dead cap out before 2025. Zack Moss is a 1.5m 2025 dead cap after this season. Cordell Volson can be cut after June 1st 2024 for 164k dead cap.... and of course Tee Higgins is on the 1 year Franchise Tag.

Long winded way of saying the Bengals are in an important Offensive Rebuild. How the Bengals construct their long term core weapons and OL around Burrow will be a large portion of the prime of his career. I expect the Bengals to be looking closely at the 1st round Offensive Weapons in this draft class like Brock Bowers, Brian Thomas Jr, and AD Mitchell... and of course all the Right Tackles.

Happy Easter TBB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Are the Bengals in an Offensive Rebuild? - Synric - 03-31-2024, 09:56 AM