Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals in an Offensive Rebuild?
(03-31-2024, 02:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I do feel like the Bengals are going through somewhat of an offensive rebuild.  I think that they liked the results of the version of the offense that Burrow ran against SF and Buffalo, and Browning continued to run after the wrist injury.  Coaches and players were both quoted as saying that the "new" offense wasn't really anything new, it was all stuff that they had been working on, but were unable to use due to Burrow's calf injury.

So to clarify, be prepared for less 3WR 11 personnel sets out of shotgun, and be ready for more lining up under Center and allowing our OL to operate in a fashion that gives their body styles and skill sets a fair chance to dominate.

I liked the results of the 2021 offense where they weren't just throwing passes around the LoS and instead were pushing the ball down the field and making big plays. Burrow intended 1.8 yards less per attempt and 2.0 yards per completion in 2023 than he did in 2021.

Just don't understand the point of the highest paid QB in the league is if you're just going to have him throwing passes at the LoS that any accurate weak armed QB can make. Wasn't just a 2023 calf thing either, because we saw it start in 2022, it just got worse in 2023.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Bengals in an Offensive Rebuild? - TheLeonardLeap - 03-31-2024, 04:22 PM