Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick to Your Board Mock 3/29
(04-01-2024, 12:08 PM)tms Wrote: Fashanu's an intriguing pick. Haven't seen him mocked to us often but if he's there at 18 I run it up to the podium.  Love Frazier. All my best mocks have us double-dipping on OL to get started so I don't have a problem with that at all. In fact that's exactly what I'm hoping for if Frazier or Haynes falls to 49. It opens up the rest of the draft for us while addressing our most acute need and providing long-term stability for a unit that's been anything but stable the past few years. And Benson's a monster.

But I can't get down with 97 and 115. If you have Benson the last thing you need is Wright (and I like Wright!). If you have Fashanu and Frazier the last thing you need is Fisher (granted, I don't like Fisher but the point holds lol). It just seems like a waste given our need to fortify the DL and how a plethora of quality linemen will land somewhere between 75 and 150. I don't know who all was available in this case but McKinnley Jackson. DeWayne Carter and Tyler Davis would all help round out our DI, while Justin Eboigbe, Brennan Jackson and Mo Kamara, etc., could be brought in as playmaking Edges. Gabe Hall's not a bad get on Day 3 imo but that's just waiting too long unless we have a crystal ball that assures us he'll be the next Geno Atkins haha

Anyway, great draft. I just have a different philosophy. I'm a big believer in depth (see Fashanu and Frazier) but I'm also a big believer in not going overboard (Fisher... forget about Glaze on top of that!). I do think McCaffrey, Pritchett and Watson are good value at those spots. Two of them are team captains and I think we should continue to prioritize those intangibles given the team's already competitive and looking to fill holes rather than needing to find diamonds in the rough.

There wasn't really any value on the IDL, honestly.  I'm personally not taking an edge rusher unless it's a great value early, as Ossai is going to beat out any mid-late round Edge in all likelihood.  Even if the rookie does manage to beat him out, he'll be inactive on game days because you dress 4 and those are set in stone with Hendrickson, Hubbard, Murphy, and Sample (due to 3t versatility).  

As for Fisher, he is naturally a RT, while Fashanu is a left.  If Fashanu can't switch sides, he'll probably be at LG for 3 years before kicking out, potentially creating a spot for Fisher at RT next year.  Or, Fisher might take over for Cappa at RG in a couple years.  Glaze was just a pure BPA pick, but he's a guy I'm pretty sure can at least provide 4 years of cheap depth, and in the 7th, I just couldn't pass on him.  The value was too good, as I have a 5th round grade on him personally.

Wright, similarly, was just too good to pass on at that point looking at the other guys on the board.  And he'll play and get touches immediately.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Stick to Your Board Mock 3/29 - Whatever - 03-29-2024, 12:52 PM
RE: Stick to Your Board Mock 3/29 - tms - 04-01-2024, 12:08 PM
RE: Stick to Your Board Mock 3/29 - Whatever - 04-01-2024, 12:50 PM
RE: Stick to Your Board Mock 3/29 - CJD - 04-02-2024, 03:19 PM