Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who is the guy we are building the defense around for the next cycle?
(04-02-2024, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Are you saying you don't think Murphy, Newton, or Fiske can be a dominant IDL and should therefore take a CB over one of them?

And/Or are you saying you don't think Turner nor Hill could end up blossoming into a really good CB?
What if Mitchell doesn't perform for most/part of his 1st year? Should the Bengals look to get yet another CB because he didn't start great immediately?

When I first responded to your Post you were mentioning Dax Hill & DT's like Murphy, Newton or Fiske.

I then replied "and/or maybe a Shut Down Corner"

In the Draft area earlier today, I Mocked Braden Fiske in round 2 to the Bengals with Quinyon Mitchell in round 1.

Murphy in round one would be fine with me over Newton but Newton could work for me also.

If Quinyon Mitchell was selected by the Bengals, I would anticipate that he would become better than Turner or Hill.

More than 2 Corners can be on the Field in various packages and the Group as a whole would be better (IMO) 

Plus an injury or two to the Corner Group won't hurt the Team as bad.

A Corner in round 1 is an option to me. (maybe not to you & that is fine -or- you may like another 1st round Corner better)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the guy we are building the defense around for the next cycle? - depthchart - 04-02-2024, 05:23 PM