Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Andy is doing to cut down turnovers.
Interceptions have been the bane of Andy Dalton's entire career.

Specifically, it's the inconsistency, borne out of a random spates of picked-off passes, that has the Cincinnati Bengals quarterback viewed as one of the NFL's more untrustworthy players. Faith in his abilities has been hard to come by because few know what to expect from him week to week.

He wants that to change this year.

Dalton's promise this offseason: to be a more reliable passer.

"Obviously you don't want to turn the ball over. You can't turn the ball over if you want to win games," he said. "I understand that and I know I've got to do a better job of that."

Dalton has 99 career touchdowns to 66 interceptions. His 1.5 touchdown-to-interception ratio since 2011 is the 10th-worst among qualifying quarterbacks during that time span. That means 20 quarterbacks, including Jay Cutler, Ryan Tannehill and Robert Griffin III have done a better job across that stretch, percentage-wise, completing touchdowns instead of tossing interceptions.

Perhaps the worst thing about Dalton's interceptions is that he's been picked off three or more times in seven career games. Sure, 12 times he has thrown three or more touchdowns in a game, but therein lies the inconsistency issue.

So what has Dalton been doing during organized team activities to make his turnover issue a problem of the past?

He's working on saying "Uncle."

Read more @ ESPN
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What Andy is doing to cut down turnovers. - Bengalholic - 06-11-2015, 12:39 PM