Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION
(04-02-2024, 11:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: ? are you jealous or something? 
And no if that was the average joe, we'd likely be broke after the first bankruptcy.  We have neither the resources, knowledge or access to knowledgeable people that do these things for a living. So odds are already stacked against us.

Filing bankruptcy for a failing business is the best way to protect your personal cash. Trump is far from the only wealthy person that has/will do this. 

Two people saying I'm jealous?  Cool.

No.  See to me, and I have said this consistently, money isn't the end all be all of my existence.  I know I could have worked harder, chosen a different career, done any number of things differently and been "rich".  Instead I chose to work so I could be home every evening, never miss one of my kid's events and spend time with my family on weekends and holidays.

I don't begrudge anyone who works hard and has lots of money if that makes them happy.

As an example Bill Gates is a billionaire.  He worked hard and made his own way.  I'm not jealous of him either.

Trump isn't someone who worked hard for anything.  As I said he has received every break and all his father's money.  It was handed to him.  And does he ever seem happy?  Well, except when everyone is cheering for Trump that is. Smirk

Does Trump ever "give back" for all the "good fortune" he has had in his life?  Heck he can't even run a charity anymore because he took money from it.

But for the sake of argument I'll give you a couple examples:

I have a friend who was handed his father's company after college.  His father got it from my friend's grandfather.  My buddy worked for it.  He got the education, he put in the hours and did all the things he needed to do to keep it afloat and to grow it.  

Now, in his 50's and with no children to take it over, he has moved more to allowing the employees to run the day to day stuff while he spends more time with his wife.  He also "found god" at some point and is involved with several groups that preach Christianity.  

He's happy.

I don't hold anything he does against him. Nor am I jealous of him because that is his life.

I've said before my best friend is a doctor.  Came from a dirt poor background.  Worked hard, got a ton of loans, a now has a thriving practice along with other business ventures within the medical field.

He takes multiple vacations every year with his wife and kids and their husbands/boyfriends and some of his extended family.  They've been to Europe and Africa (twice...lol).  They go on every adventure they can while on a trip.  He works a tremendous amount but knows that his family is the important thing so to make up for hours he can't be home he makes sure to give them quality time every chance he can.  

I don't hold anything he does against him. Nor am I jealous of him because that is his life.

I don't make near as much as those two.  I didn't have to work as hard as those two.  And I'm happy.

It's not jealousy because no amount of money or "success" can ever make Trump a good person...a happy person.  And I'd rather be happy than that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Truth Social going public net Trump estimated 2 to 4 BILLION - GMDino - 04-03-2024, 09:06 AM