Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stack the Defense early Mock then fill in the rest
(04-03-2024, 10:26 AM)Whatever Wrote: We're a month into FA, and Boyd is still sitting out there on the street.  That should tell you something about how the league sees him as a player.  And I'm far from a Mixon stan, but he was a perennial 1k yard back, while Moss has one year over 500 and didn't even last through his rookie deal in Buffalo before getting the axe.  He may pan out ok, but he has never been a feature back like we are expecting him to be.  Plus, RB's get dinged.  A lot.

Lou's scheme is very complicated and we saw how the young starters last year struggled...so the solution is to add more youth?  That doesn't compute.  We've spent our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd on D the last two drafts.  Is the defense any better than it was in '21?  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

So the solution is to go into next year with literally no offensive starter still on their rookie contract after the Chase extension is done and no offensive player drafted highly enough that you can have a reasonable expectation that they will develop into a quality starter?  Oh, well, there's Volson in a contract year, I suppose, but I think everyone can agree he's not a starter.  Not really, anyways.  That's abysmal long term roster management.  

Our best player is Joe Burrow.  He makes everyone around him better.  I have no idea why some are so resistant to putting actual talent around him and instead want the guy to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.  

Boyd's Market Price may decline to the point where bringing him back can be beneficial. He is 29 years old and familiar with the Offense.

In 2023 he had 67 catches for 667 yards with Burrow limited due to injury & Browning. 

Boyd could return & get back to around 800 plus yards receiving like he did in 2021 if Burrow stays healthy.

In this Mock you can take a RB as early as pick #97 which is a good spot to get one or at pick #115 etc.

Someone could apply doing the same thing over and over again to the Bengals ability to Draft & Develop Offensive Linemen

in recent years & years. Getting PROVEN Veteran Free Agent Offensive Linemen works because the Bengals already KNOW that

they can do the job versus HOPING a rookie Offensive Lineman will transition & develop to the NFL level successfully.

With that said, I would not mind getting OT JC Latham in round #1 but this Mock is intended to help the Defense early since 

it is the weaker Unit.

Will this be my FINAL Mock (very probably not) but it is good to think through various scenarios or how one would try to

improve an area of weakness. It was inspired in part by the Chiefs having 2 VERY GOOD Corners (one an ALL Pro)

In a week or so, I may make a Stack the Offense Early Mock (and it will probably not be my FINAL Mock)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stack the Defense early Mock then fill in the rest - depthchart - 04-03-2024, 10:56 AM