Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volson 4th highest compensation by NFL performance-based pay
(04-03-2024, 11:13 AM)Nepa Wrote: This link, like others I've seen, only lists the top 25 distributions. It would see that Jake Browning fits into the definition of having a significant amount of snaps (as a starting QB) compared to what being paid. But I have not seen anything about what compensation he has received, if any. I hope that he was among those compensated. Otherwise, the Bengals should have given him a bump in pay just to be fair to him. I've seen the Chiefs do that for some of their players that overperformed their contracts.

I've also not been able to find a full list of players that received bonuses.   Maybe one of those NFL secrets.  Big Grin

What I can see from the list is Brock Purdy was number 24 with a $739,795 bonus.  Purdy's base salary for 2023 was $985,000 but he started all season.  Browning's base salary was $750,000.   But Browning only played in 9 games starting 7.   The link I provided from NFL communications states that $393.8 million was paid out this year in the "performance" based bonuses.  So I think it is likely that Browning did receive a bonus but no idea how much.   NFL provides some formula on the page I linked for how it is sorted out.  I'm too damn tired (plus too stupid) to try to figure it out myself though.  Maybe someone good at math can sort it out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Volson 4th highest compensation by NFL performance-based pay - George Cantstandya - 04-03-2024, 11:41 AM