Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stack the Defense early Mock then fill in the rest
(04-03-2024, 01:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd has been on the decline for years prior to last season.  You can argue that his production was hurt by injury at QB, but his production should have seen a boost due to injuries at WR and the TE group being ineffective most of the year.  Not to mention his drops and the fact that he can't beat anything better than a CB3 anymore.

But beyond that, ok, sure I'll play along and say we sign Boyd to a prove it deal to facilitate this draft.  So, next year, we're looking at two starting WR's, our starting C, our starting RT, and our starting TE all hitting UFA with no premium draft capital used to draft and develop any replacements.  And the piece de resistance to the plan is to draft a CB in the 1st and expect him to plug into a complex defense that rookies struggle in and expect him to be a high end starter while making a massive jump from covering MAC WR's to the pros.  And bonus, we'd be giving up on a Day One or Two pick and banishing them to life on the bench after only a year or two.

I started the Thread by mentioning "(maybe) Tyler Boyd comes back on a 1 year deal"

If you want to dig a hole and bury 29 year old Boyd that's fine. 

If he were to come back & go UP from his 667 2023 yardage total to his 828 2021 Super Bowl year yardage total

I would not be surprised by it. You would be SHOCKED and that is fine.

Quinyon Mitchell does not have to start on day one. (Just like other 1st round picks like Myles Murphy last year or an OT this year)

The Corners already on the Team will start while Quinyon develops & I expect eventually takes one Key Job.

No one gets banished to the Bench because there are various packages & ways that DJ Turner (for example) can be used.

The Corner Group gets DEEPER and more talented.

It would be better than Drafting an OT in round 1 and missing on the pick but I am all for OT or whatever in round 1 as 

long as they HIT on the pick. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stack the Defense early Mock then fill in the rest - depthchart - 04-03-2024, 01:27 PM