Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJD Post-Free Agency Mock Draft 3.0
(04-03-2024, 11:48 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Love the first three.  fisher is the last tackle prospect I like for us so being able to grab him along with a top corner and sweat.  Hell yea.  I reject Burton.  Don’t like him at all.  Gimme Rice there.  Nfl Pedigree rarely fails.  His dad was the greatest ever to do it.  Jerry’s physical traits were never his strong suit it was his dedication to route running hard work and soft/strong hands… I believe rice becomes a good pro at least in this league.  Gimme him to replace tee next season.  
Love Maason Smith there.  The potential too high to pass.
I don’t see them drafting a tight end at all.  No pun.  Let alone two.  We have three on the roster and that’s on purpose prior to the draft.  Only one they could nab is bowers and even then it wouldn’t be smart.  
Love drafting a running back but give me Dillon Johnson.  He’s a do it all back big enough to spell both moss and brown

I wouldn't be opposed to that switch with Rice and Burton. Pedigree is an important aspect of scouting. It isn't everything though (As Thad Moss showed us), but Rice has enough going for him that I wouldn't think twice about taking him at the end of the 3rd.

For the tight ends, I admit they likely won't do it, since they have 3 on the roster already. But I see both of these guys as an upgrade over Tanner Hudson, and they're super late round picks anyway, so it's not like they're guaranteed a roster spot. You could probably stow either or maybe even both of them on the practice squad if they needed to. I like both of them more than Mitchell Wilcox, who we'd likely bring back if we didn't draft a TE too. The later rounds you're mostly just filling out your roster and these guys have really high upside, which is why I double dipped at TE.

The RB was not someone I was deeply invested in, so give me any 7th round RB that we think could stick on the roster Big Grin
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CJD Post-Free Agency Mock Draft 3.0 - CJD - 04-03-2024, 10:51 AM
RE: CJD Post-Free Agency Mock Draft 3.0 - CJD - 04-03-2024, 01:30 PM