Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Hit on the round 1 pick Baby !
(04-03-2024, 12:31 PM)depthchart Wrote: To me, Hitting on a round 1 pick is what matters most. (more than what specific position it is)

If they take an OT and miss, then they will be chasing after a Tackle next offseason AND they missed the chance to hit at another position.

*If say they HIT on a WR in round one, then they don't have to spend Money on that spot next offseason. (or re-Draft that 1 Roster spot)

That in turn frees up Money for a Free Agent OT or whatever next offseason.

Same with Hitting on a DT or Corner or Interior O-line etc in round 1.

Hitting fills a spot and Frees up Money that can be used in the next Offseason by not having to fill that spot.

This is why I am more open to Drafting other positions in round 1 besides OT.

I don't mind if they take OT in round 1 but they just Flat out need to get it right.

Just hit Baby !

I disagree.

Hitting on the first round pick is big and can help out a franchise a great deal, especially if you hit, but the mid and late rounds are where the draft is won, IMCO.

The value to fill the roster with quality players to put around your stars is more important than the first round pick.

That's why our lack of scouts in the past has been a problem because we were unable to find the smaller school guys or guys that didn't make all the highlight films on TV.

The first round pick is big because, like this year, it can help us build/finish building the line to protect our franchise (Burrow) or give him an important weapon (Bowers, Thomas Jr, etc), and can help put us over the edge, but the rounds after the first are where you find your quality players to build your roster, and that's the most important.

I'm definitely hoping we hit on our first round pick, but look at the history of our first round picks and we tend to miss more than we hit on names that make a huge difference to our team, especially in the first year: Price, Ross, Bill Jackson, Dennard, Eifert, Cedric Ogbuehi (definitely didn't live up to anywhere near his potential, especially in year one).

Like I said, I'm definitely hoping we hit on our first pick and he can be someone to be big for the franchise for a long time, but, like I said, the first pick is far from the most important pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just Hit on the round 1 pick Baby ! - BFritz21 - 04-03-2024, 02:04 PM