Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stack the Defense early Mock then fill in the rest
(04-03-2024, 01:27 PM)depthchart Wrote: I started the Thread by mentioning "(maybe) Tyler Boyd comes back on a 1 year deal"

If you want to dig a hole and bury 29 year old Boyd that's fine. 

If he were to come back & go UP from his 667 2023 yardage total to his 828 2021 Super Bowl year yardage total

I would not be surprised by it. You would be SHOCKED and that is fine.

Quinyon Mitchell does not have to start on day one. (Just like other 1st round picks like Myles Murphy last year or an OT this year)

The Corners already on the Team will start while Quinyon develops & I expect eventually takes one Key Job.

No one gets banished to the Bench because there are various packages & ways that DJ Turner (for example) can be used.

The Corner Group gets DEEPER and more talented.

It would be better than Drafting an OT in round 1 and missing on the pick but I am all for OT or whatever in round 1 as 

long as they HIT on the pick. 

What if Boyd does hit 800 yards?  He still would need replaced at the end of the season, along with 4 other starters on offense and this draft isn't using any premium capital to upgrade or replace any of them.  And you'll be trying to resign or replace these guys during an off-season where you need to pony up for Chase.

With Hilton entrenched as the nickel CB and Hill apparently moving there, you have two 1st's and 2 2nd's vying for 2 spots next year at any one time.  Then, the following year, some one will still be riding the pine.  Yeah, you can rotate or do packages, but that is nowhere near worth a starter at a premium position like T or WR.  It doesn't make sense, especially considering he doesn't represent an immediate upgrade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stack the Defense early Mock then fill in the rest - Whatever - 04-03-2024, 03:24 PM