Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stack the Defense early Mock then fill in the rest
(04-03-2024, 05:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: 4th round picks play out their rookie deals and get second contracts less than 50% of the time, and the chances they become quality starters is even less.  That's why premium draft capital needs to spent on the offense due to the current contract picture.

Never said Turner was a shut down CB.  However, he graded and his Passer Rating Allowed When Targeted were similar to CTB's rookie year.  You certainly can't call him a bust and a bench player anymore than he can be labeled a stud.  I see the same pattern all the time with folks.  If he's not a stud as a rookie, we need to draft another next year.  And it would be the same with Mitchell if the learning curve was a little too steep for him to manage year one.

Sure, let's talk about depth, though.  So we have one T under contract for next year, no C's, one TE, 2 RB's and three WR's.  See the need there?  

I've got a number of mocks up already.  You can look at them if you need ideas.

I see in your latest Mock your Top 3 picks were:  Olumuyiwa Fashanu  OT   -   Zach Frazier IOL   -   Trey Benson RB

My Mock prior to this one on 3/26/24 had Top 3 of:  Brian Thomas Jr WR  -  McKinnley Jackson DT  -  Trey Benson RB

My even earlier Pre-Free Agency Mock Top 3 was:  JC Latham OT  -  Xavier Leggette WR  -  McKinnley Jackson DT

*I likely take Offense more early in my FINAL Mock but I did this one for Fun & as a what if I focused on Defense early option.

I also considered DE Laiatu Latu in round 1 for this D early Mock but went with Corner Quinyon Mitchell.

I also considered an option where Byron Murphy II was the round 1 pick but I didn't like some of the 2nd or 3rd round Corner options.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stack the Defense early Mock then fill in the rest - depthchart - 04-03-2024, 06:29 PM