Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Goodberry - Who will be the most available at 18 and 49
(04-04-2024, 03:21 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Both Latu and Verse don't seem to get much respect with whatever process he's using.  That surprises me because both look like steals at 18.

Fuaga with a ~20% and Latham with a ~80% shot of being there at 18 is interesting.  Fuaga intrigues me but I'd wonder if his true home isn't at guard in the pros.  Latham would be my favorite realistic OT pick at 18.

Barton isn't given much respect here either, even making it to the 2nd round pick ~10% of the time.  Is he not the most promising C prospect in this draft?  Frazier in 2 would be great imo(he's at ~60% probability of being available in the 2nd).

Mims screams potential bust imho.  8 career starts?  We need Jim Mora to say "8 starts????"  Not enough evidence that he's a first rounder.

Turner, Mitchell, Fautanu, Thomas, Arnold...none really excite me.  Both of the DTs look to be a little overhyped.  Maybe I'm ignorant.

Bowers...ok he's interesting.  Wouldn't be my first choice.  They've never really needed a first round pedigree type of TE in this offense.  It'd be interesting to see just what they'd do with him and if they could maximize his skills.

It's an interesting thought exercise.  It'd be cool if he revisited his process after the draft and maybe even years later once we know who the hits and misses were to evaluate just how accurate it was.

I like DE Laiatu Latu alot but many Posters on this Board would not even consider him an option because the Bengals 

just took DE Myles Murphy in round 1 last year and the Bengals have some depth there. 

(Similar to some not wanting a Corner in round 1 because the Bengals have Drafted them high recently)

I would still consider either if I think they could be Great though I would prefer a Great OT right now.

Laiatu Latu - 6 foot 4 & 3/4 inches tall  259 pounds 4.64 forty  13 sacks in 2023  (Neck issue appears to be clear but would want to confirm ok)

TJ Watt - 6 foot 4 and 1/2 inches tall 252 pounds 4.69 forty

*I am slow to rule out players like Latu & say a Top Corner in order to focus more on a current or near future Hole like Right Tackle.

** A Great RT right now would be best but I would not just ignore certain players that could be Great at other positions.

***I wonder what Posters responses would be if the Bengals did take a Round 1 Defensive End again in 2024 after taking Myles Murphy last year.

****Many would hate that...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Goodberry - Who will be the most available at 18 and 49 - depthchart - 04-04-2024, 10:41 AM