Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Hit on the round 1 pick Baby !
(04-03-2024, 12:31 PM)depthchart Wrote: To me, Hitting on a round 1 pick is what matters. (more than what specific position it is)

If they take an OT and miss, then they will be chasing after a Tackle next offseason AND they missed the chance to hit at another position.

*If say they HIT on a WR in round one, then they don't have to spend Money on that spot next offseason. (or re-Draft that 1 Roster spot)

That in turn frees up Money for a Free Agent OT or whatever next offseason.

Same with Hitting on a DT or Corner or Interior O-line etc in round 1.

Hitting fills a spot and Frees up Money that can be used in the next Offseason by not having to fill that spot.

This is why I am more open to Drafting other positions in round 1 besides OT.

I don't mind if they take OT in round 1 but they just Flat out need to get it right.

Just hit Baby !

This is where I like to look at the strength of the draft class for certain positions compared to needs.  Using the Consensus Big Board for average ranking, these are the players with 1st round grades current that there's a fairly reasonable chance will be there at 18,arranged by need.

WR(Need immediate starter)

18.Brian Thomas Jr.
29.Adonai Mitchell 

OT(Need starter for next year)

14.Taliese Fuaga
15.Oli Fashanu 
19.JC Latham
20.Troy Fautanu 
22.Amarius Mims
30.Tyler Guyton

C(Need starter for next year)

24.Jackson Powers-Johnson
27.Graham Barton

Edge(Need starter in 2 years)

13.Jared Verse
16.Laiatu Latu
28.Chop Robinson 

3-tech(Need Starter in two years)

17.Byron Murphy
26.Jer'Zahn Newton 

CB(need starter in 2 years)

11.Quinyon Mitchell 
12.Terrion Arnold
21.Cooper DeJean
23.Nate Wiggins 
25.Kool-Aid McKinstry 

I bring this up because usually when you have a number of reasonable options at a position, you can pinpoint a guy that has the traits that fit your scheme, instead of being stuck in a position where "I need this, but this guy doesn't really do X or Y, but I want/need a guy at this position."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just Hit on the round 1 pick Baby ! - Whatever - 04-04-2024, 11:48 AM