Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Hit on the round 1 pick Baby !
(04-04-2024, 02:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Out of all the position groups, OT and WR look to be the most stacked.
But different people look at that and think, "We're good to wait on a talent into Day 2/3 with so much talent."
Others might think, "We should get one of the best in a great draft class at this strong position group."
But there's also one other part to play in all of this...How good is the coaching staff to be able to get the most out of these strong vs weak position groups?
For example, do we trust Pollack and Co. with a drafted early-round OT with it being a strong draft class, or should they go with a position they are better at developing like WR?

The Bengals had that 6th round Comp pick turned into a 3rd round pick #97.

In my mind, I see that as a Bonus and then see the 4th round pick #115 as maybe Trade bait to go up some in round 1.

Say that 4th round pick can get the Bengals to pick #14. (making sure a Tackle they like is there after pick #13 is called before Trading)

Maybe this gets a Fuaga, Latham or Fashanu.

*Then for me, Xavier Leggette WR in round 2 could be the Boyd replacement in 2024 with a possibility of becoming the TEE replacement in 2025.

**Or others may like different receivers instead of Leggette in the 2nd round or later.

This could be small Trade Up time in my mind.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just Hit on the round 1 pick Baby ! - depthchart - 04-04-2024, 03:27 PM