Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-04-2024, 07:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The 2nd Amendment will never be to the advantage of an authoritarian leader.  That's the entire point of it and that's what you anti-gun "liberals" completely fail to understand.  I'm in favor of every single law abiding adult (i.e. not a convicted felon) who wants one to be able to own a firearm.  

Armed minorities are harder to oppress.

Yeah, we have to recognize that Trump does not give one fig about the Second Amendment as he showed in some of his policy moves. His position on it is based solely in it being a talking point to garner him votes. When push comes to shove, he would 100% work to undermine those protections if given the opportunity.

FWIW, I don't think Trump will turn this country authoritarian, but I think he is greasing the skids for someone with more institutional know-how to do it. The willingness of his followers to dismiss long held democratic norms is concerning and is going to give someone else an opening.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Belsnickel - 04-04-2024, 08:41 PM