Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-05-2024, 12:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No idea what you said a long time ago, but yes, he did it to himself as he's not a socially friendly person. 
Obama could have done the same, but he's much more friendly so people would probably ignore it if he did.

Trump doesn't make it as president if being unfriendly wasn't his "thing" either.  The perception that Obama was an overly friendly doormat (despite bombing the shit out of people) opened the door for this "We need a guy who isn't afraid to break the rules and bust some heads for our benefit" mindset that led to Trump beating Hillary...who was also perceived as an unfriendly rule-breaker who did terrible things...hmm.

Well, you get my point.  If I had a nickel for every person who played the "nice guys and goody two shoes don't make good presidents" card in defense of Trump but also talks about what rotten mean nasty people the Clintons and Biden are I'd have at least enough for one of those spicy crispy potato tacos from Taco Bell.  

(04-05-2024, 12:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: What ifs get you nowhere.

Trump has always done this AND he was sloppy about it.

He got caught.

Just like someone who speeds all the time and never gets a ticket vs someone who got caught because they had the bright red car.

Getting caught and being overtly sleazy is part of his game, though.  That's why people who love him really LOVE him...they are at the point where they are defending him and making excuses for him.  Anyone who has ever been the abusive bastard partner in a relationship knows that once your partner starts fighting with their family on your behalf, you've sufficiently taken hold.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Nately120 - 04-05-2024, 01:14 PM