Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-05-2024, 06:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really? I find that sentence to be laughable at best. If the Democratic Party were the front line of protection of the Constitution, why are they always attempting to squash people's rights granted in the 1st and 2nd Amendments at the State and local levels? As well as infringing upon earnest citizens rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness by initiating such policies as doing away with cash bail, putting criminals right back out there to do harm to the hard working, tax paying portion of our society?

Nailed it!  The modern left is the absolute biggest threat to our oldest Constitutional protections.  One need only look what they are doing in countries that used to be bastions of Western freedom such as Canada, the UK and Australia.  They're imprisoning people , literally taking away freedom, for having and voicing an "offensive" opinion.  They're cancelling your bank accounts for daring to oppose them.  I have zero truck with the 01/06 rioters.  But the biggest threat to our freedoms as we've had them since the enacting of the Bill of Rights is the far left, and it's not even close.  

https://www.cato.org/blog/new-polling-suggests-kids-are-not-alright-free-speech

[Image: inserra%201.png?itok=wM63HZhI]

"Progressivism" is a disease entirely at odds with basic Western freedoms.  Note this graph is about allowing a person who is "anti" the topic to speak.  Looks like the conservatives are the tolerant ones, not the "liberals".  Modern liberalism is not liberal, it is fascism hiding under the bloody skin of what used to be actual liberalism.  Conservatives have their issues, to be very sure, Charlottesville as one extreme example.  But the above is far more insidious as it is far more pervasive and it is far more accepted.  

Sorry, what passes for the far left these days.  You are not the good guys, you're the baddies and even old school, died in the wool liberals like Bill Maher are waking up to it.  And I say that as a hard core centrist, in the true sense of the word.  Tongue

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-05-2024, 07:14 PM