Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Additional rate hike could be needed if inflation stays high
(04-06-2024, 12:32 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We talk about it. Corporations paying their fair share. But a certain political party is totally against it and does everything in their power to stop it. IMO it is necessary to offset the wealth disparity in this country before they price the low and middle class out of everything. People living paycheck to paycheck vs fat bank account just compounding and making money for having money.

This POV wears me out. Corporations pay their taxes. They also donate a lot of money. They are a business. Their goal is to make money. They pay people to know the tax code and take advantage of every benefit allowed. Why do some people think this is bad? We all do it. Their job is to make money and provide jobs to people so they can make a living. Otherwise, they wouldn't be in it and then people would be bitching because there are no jobs.

This is not a jab at you so please don't take it that way. But I feel a lot of people just view companies as an endless source of cash. Reminds me of being a kid and my dad not having money to buy me something so I say, "Write a check!" It's a horrible way to live, always expecting someone else to pay. Pay for my college, pay for my groceries, pay for my kids, pay, pay, pay. As for my dad, he told me to go mow a lawn. 

IMO, every time we attack corporations, jobs are lost, prices increase, and more pressure is put on the government to take care of the unemployed. 

Quote:Disclaimer: at one time I was a car salesman. Total Scumbags… and the subprime lending scheme… That was one of the main reasons I was glad to move on. Absolutely robbing the people who need help more than anyone. Dirtiest business I’ve ever been a part of and it was 100% legit.

Dude. I was an insurance salesman at one time in my youth. I believed in what I was doing and my clients liked me because I told the truth. I didn't push products on people and try to get them to buy things they couldn't afford. I know the pressure some companies put on you to sell. Sometimes, it felt unethical and I refused to participate. I know how you felt. I only lasted a year, but I'm happy to say I walked away with a clear conscience. 

My wife hates car salesmen. So much so, that she won't let me pull into a car lot because she says as soon as you do, the salesmen come out like cockroaches trying to force a sale. I laughed the first time she said it. Then I pulled into a car lot and realized, that girl was right. She doesn't hesitate to remind me either whenever I mention going to a lot. HAHA.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Additional rate hike could be needed if inflation stays high - HarleyDog - 04-06-2024, 11:47 PM