Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best WR class in draft in years
(04-06-2024, 09:54 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I am not certain that is why Burrow is getting sacked/hit a lot...

Second bolded, if they have issues hitting o-linemen in the early rounds, why would we be optimistic of them finding gems in the later rounds? Then trusting Pollack to put his polish on said gems? Color me skeptical...

I get the point of loading up with the talent, and it would be fun to have Burrow surrounded by all sorts of weapons, but the Bengals need to build up the walls to protect him first IMO. Now if the Bengals drafted the weapons and signed a NT, LG, future center, etc.. I would be on board, but not sure those positions will be available in the cuts after the draft.

Agreed. I've never thought during the course of any season that "Burrow needs more weapons." Not once. It's an idea that always sounds more appealing in April than in October. When you're watching the games you realize he just needs more time to do his thing. Some of that's on him. Some of that's on the coaches. But it's primarily on the players whose job is to protect him imo.

I'd also say that every year now seems to have a "bumper crop" of WRs. It's become a mirage. I don't know if every year necessarily has a Marvin or Nabers (or for that matter Bowers). But there are always plenty of Xavier Legettes, Adonai Mitchells, Malachi Corleys, etc. That's just how the game has evolved. I don't mind picking them, but I hope we don't get burned by thinking they're in short supply.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Best WR class in draft in years - kevin - 04-06-2024, 05:11 AM
RE: Best WR class in draft in years - J24 - 04-19-2024, 04:33 PM
RE: Best WR class in draft in years - tms - 04-07-2024, 11:49 AM
RE: Best WR class in draft in years - J24 - 04-19-2024, 04:43 PM
RE: Best WR class in draft in years - J24 - 04-19-2024, 04:41 PM