Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron
I like the thought Wes, but some of that logic is flawed.

I broke down here why lumping in a lot of those backups isn't really applicable to what McCarron and the Bengals are about to undertake.

Hopefully y'all will do me the courtesy of clicking and reading (it's worth it, I think) but the gist of it is this: there is no real apples to apples comparison. No backup with McCarron's limited experience has done this. Vince Ferragamo in '79 is the closest comp, but even he at least played his rookie year and he got 5 starts under his belt in the regular season.

Our prediction will be out on Friday, but I agree with you - the Bengals are the better team from top down on the roster. McCarron has proven to me he is a competent NFL backup - which let's be real, we had no idea if that would be the case when he came in - so all is not lost on Saturday night.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron - jowczarski - 01-04-2016, 11:20 PM