Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-07-2024, 11:29 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sorry, I gave you far too much credit for having some intelligence or actually following the news.
https://www.google.com/search?q=jailed+for+offensive+speech&oq=jailed+for+offensive+speech&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAEQABgWGB4yCggCEAAYgAQYogQyCggDEAAYgAQYogTSAQk5MDE3ajBqMTWoAgiwAgE&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
A simple google search immediately yields results.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/uk-man-jailed-over-facebook-status-raises-questions-over-free-speech/
https://freespeechunion.org/free-speech-concerns-raised-after-man-jailed-for-two-years-for-running-far-right-stickers-library/
Ahahahahahaa, yeah it's not funny.  So you're both insanely uninformed and anti-free speech.  

I'm informed enough to see that the people in your links were convicted in courts according to long standing laws. Where's the trace back to "the modern left"?  The police say your first case was jailed for his own protection, given his very public and salacious comments about the abduction of a 5-year old girl. Looks like he may have run afoul of existing community standards. 

The other racist, white nationalist was arguably linked to property damage.  So two "inane nitpicks."

1. Are you saying "the modern left" was responsible for the UK's 2003 Communications Act, which sounds a lot like long-standing garden variety US laws against obscenity?  (1) A person is guilty of an offence if he—(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127.  

2. Your examples look like outliers even in the UK, responses to community outrage and hardly "leftist suppression"; they fall far short of Putin killing journalists and Orban and Erdogan jailing them--i.e., the global "modern right." 

Yet you still insist that some "Modern Left" is the great threat to free speech and Western civilization and whatever else, and at a moment when the friend of these dictators might be elected president. How is this not the usual SSF hyperbole--Putin steamrolling Europe or a retracted NYT error setting us back years in the ME, etc.?

This, then, is the basis for your MODERN LEFT = GREATEST THREAT thesis? I see why you want to proceed as if you "didn't think links were needed." 

(04-07-2024, 11:29 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, I didn't think links were needed for actions that are commonly and widely known.  Now that you have them I'm sure you'll find some inane way to nitpick and dodge the actual point, as you always do.

Yeah, I find Nazi comparisons to be unnecessarily inflammatory, you don't.  Yet you have a problem with labeling ISIS as animals or Hamas as dogs.  You also don't use the word terrorist because you dislike it.  What an extremely odd set of values you have.  Yet if one looks close enough they are consistent in a very particular way.

I do find Nazi labeling is unnecessarily inflammatory--in contrast to public scholarship on autocrats and authoritarian regimes. 

As your favorite "anti-semite" whom you've likened to a Holocaust denier, I can attest you are very much ok with unnecessary inflammatory labeling;  it's the anti-authoritarian scholarship you want to suppress.

And you, presenting yourself as the great defender of free speech against "the modern left," have a problem with me refusing to follow your lead in labeling
other humans as "animals"?  You see some strange consistency there beyond generic respect for human life which rejects Nazi/Trump-style dehumanization? 

(04-07-2024, 11:29 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, Dill double down on the Jews are replacing people.  Like I said, very interesting rhetorical company you're keeping.  Please do keep posting, this has all been very enlightening.

Why did you change my words from "Israelis" to "Jews" and  then claim I was "doubling down" on THAT message?  
Hardly a gesture of good faith argument. So you're creating ad hoc a malicious "consistency" which is inconsistent with grounding in human rights law?

Promise I'll shut up about Israelis replacing Palestinains if you can provide some evidence that it has not been happening in East Jeruslam and the West Bank for generations now. Or will you be claiming it is "commonly and widely known" they are not? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Dill - 04-07-2024, 05:45 PM