Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-07-2024, 10:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: On this we completely agree, and I have repeatedly said as much.  But, is there not a point, a line that once crossed that deserves to be acknowledged?  Is castigating the state of Israel as an ethnic colonizer state that uses rape and murder to displace people, Dill's words not mine, but at the same time claiming no criticism of the exact ethnicity of said "ethic state" is being made a fair claim to make?  I believe that line was crossed some time ago.  You may believe differently.  I've made sure the points have been highlighted, so I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder.

I am very comfortable with my conclusion.

I would agree that there is a line that can be crossed, but I don't see those statements you are using as evidence to be as much. Rape and murder have been used by Israelis in their settlement building efforts to displace Palestinians. There is evidence of this that has been brought to the international community several times over the years. The Israeli government engages in a degree of ethnonationalism. But there are members of that ethnicity that do not engage in these actions, including people in Israel. In fact, one of the most tragic things to me was that many of the victims of October 7th were Israelis that were more sympathetic to the Palestinian plight as those are typically the ones who live closest to the border.

So while I agree with you that there is a line that can be crossed, I don't see it as having been crossed at this point.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Belsnickel - 04-08-2024, 07:37 AM