Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(04-06-2024, 07:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: That sux! It's early and things like this happen in baseball. Take away his 30 something points against me, and your team is still sitting in the 400s. Sux to lose an ace pitcher but the good news is you don't need him this week. You're beating the brakes off of my team this week. 

In Fantasy Football, if your #1 RB or #1 or #2 WR or #1 QB get injured for all or most of season, you are in bad shape.  If let's say you lose your $1 RB and your #1 QB and your #2 WR, as what happened to me, you keep playing, but you are finished.  

In Fantasy Baseball if you lose players, the free agency pool is deeper.  You are far from finished. 

Football really is lucky enough to stay healthy, which is hard to do considering injuries happen a lot in football.  I regretted drafting Higgins and Burrow, and some may say they didn't have bad seasons, but I had then in Fantasy and yes they did have bad seasons due to injuries.  When healthy the Bengals beat Bills and 49ers, but Bengals were only healthy those few weeks in mid season. Injuries were why Bengals fell of from 2 great seasons, and same injuries killed my Fantasy team of Higgins and Burrow and also a RB for a team out injured a lot who came back at end of season in time for a last week bye week.  That's another thing, bye weeks, I will never draft another player with late in season bye-weeks who are no help down the stretch. I would rather take an early season loss due to bye weeks, and get the bye weeks out of the way in Fantasy Football. I couldn't believe that injured RB on coming back had a bye week our last week of season, no more late in season bye week players for me, I don't care who they are. Going into Draft, I'm going to know what teams have late in season bye weeks, and not draft any of them.

Again, in Fantasy Baseball, you can adjust to injuries thanks to the deep free agent pool.  The pitcher I replaced Bieber with is doing great at start of season.  I do a little better in Baseball because I can adjust to injuries,  Football, you really can't adjust to injuries. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show) - kevin - 04-08-2024, 09:44 AM