Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-08-2024, 07:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would agree that there is a line that can be crossed, but I don't see those statements you are using as evidence to be as much. Rape and murder have been used by Israelis in their settlement building efforts to displace Palestinians. There is evidence of this that has been brought to the international community several times over the years. The Israeli government engages in a degree of ethnonationalism. But there are members of that ethnicity that do not engage in these actions, including people in Israel. In fact, one of the most tragic things to me was that many of the victims of October 7th were Israelis that were more sympathetic to the Palestinian plight as those are typically the ones who live closest to the border.

So while I agree with you that there is a line that can be crossed, I don't see it as having been crossed at this point.

If it was that statement in a vacuum I'd agree.  It's not.  You don't see an odd contradiction in someone who argues in favor of comparing people to Nazis, but refuses to use the word terrorist or thinks calling ISIS "animals" is a bridge too far?  In any event, you disagree with my conclusion, that's fine.  For me, I have seen more than enough evidence over the years to make me very comfortable with my position.  And I'll leave it at that.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-08-2024, 10:41 AM