Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(04-07-2024, 10:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: On this we completely agree, and I have repeatedly said as much.  But, is there not a point, a line that once crossed that deserves to be acknowledged?  Is castigating the state of Israel as an ethnic colonizer state that uses rape and murder to displace people, Dill's words not mine, but at the same time claiming no criticism of the exact ethnicity of said "ethic state" is being made a fair claim to make?  I believe that line was crossed some time ago.  You may believe differently.  I've made sure the points have been highlighted, so I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder.
I am very comfortable with my conclusion.

The "line" here is apparently reference to a historical record agreed on by both leftist and right-wing Zionist Israel historians. 

And yes, I crossed your line some time ago, as have said Israeli historians and most of the rest of the world. 

Setting up your "line" this way makes any recognition of historical fact regarding Israel's violation of human rights

some kind of anti-semitic critique of all Jews.  Such dismissal of fact is not simply "in the eye of the beholder."

(04-08-2024, 10:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If it was that statement in a vacuum I'd agree.  It's not.  You don't see an odd contradiction in someone who argues in favor of comparing people to Nazis, but refuses to use the word terrorist or thinks calling ISIS "animals" is a bridge too far?  In any event, you disagree with my conclusion, that's fine.  For me, I have seen more than enough evidence over the years to make me very comfortable with my position.  And I'll leave it at that.

I haven't argued "in favor of comparing people to Nazis."  To get there you'd have to change some words.  Again.

I am not the only one in the forum who thinks calling ISIS "animals" is a de-humanizing bridge to far.  That's Trump country and I want no part of it. 

Converting a refusal to de-humanize into evidence of antisemitism involves the same misconstruction as "criticism of Israel = criticism of all Jews."

It's part of a series of misconstructions of my pro-human rights position, which make up all the "evidence" you have seen "over the years."

--that and my recourse to historical fact.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - Dill - 04-08-2024, 11:16 AM