Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump Announces Abortion now a state issue. He will not attempt a National ban
(04-09-2024, 02:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Consider the bolded above. The 4 morality issues I didn't attempt to address because I'm not sure I want to dig into all that.

As for Dem regs controlling people, you really don't have to look far. You can't buy a large soda in NY because its not good for you / Everything California / Gas Appliances / Bidens EV mandate, etc. 

• Abortion - Most republicans are not against abortion - also, abortion wasn't banned, it was given to the states. - I understand that, but which party's politicians are writing legislation to ban it at the state level? With one state criminalizing traveling to legal states? Seriously, you cannot be blind to the clear party divide on this issue.
  • Other reproductive rights like plan B, birth control, and IUDs - I could be wrong, but I beleive the issue here is government funded - That is definitely part of it. Some politicians have outright talked about banning it. It may have been at the state level as well. Why wouldn't it be funded like any other healthcare?
  • Marijuana legalizationMarijuana was federally banned in 1937 during the FDR (D) administration. - That was nearly 100 years ago. Which party and states primarily want to keep it illegal and among politicians who support legalization, which party has the most candidates advocating legalization? 
  • Gay marriage - 49% of Republicans suppoprt sam-sex marriage - 49% is absurdly low in 2024 if you really want to frame yourself as a proponent of individual freedoms. It clearly isn't that important of a right given how many rebuplicans vote for candidates that are not gay marriage advocates.

Do you honestly believe that over the last 30 or so years republicans have been on the side of granting these individual freedoms? All of these are big government telling the people what they are not allowed to do. 

Good shout with the NY soda law. I find that one to be less important or on par with the others in the post, especially considering that people still have access to soda, but you are correct that is a restriction. 
I'm in a similar boat on the gas appliances in that I value that freedom less than others, you may disagree. There are no federal or state bans, it can adversly affect outside parties not making the decision, and there are many alternatives available. 
Everything California - like what?
For the EV mandate, similar boat again. I just don't value that freedom as highly as something like who I'm allowed to marry. It is also a decade long transition plan that doesn't ban an individual from buying an ICE car.   

I guess we just value different freedoms, you with soda/gas stoves and me with reproductive rights/interracial marriage  Ninja
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Announces Abortion now a state issue. He will not attempt a National ban - MrRager - 04-09-2024, 05:05 PM