Poll: What would make you happen prior or during draft with Tee?
This poll is closed.
Nothing - keep him on tag
20.00%
17 20.00%
Trade him for a draft pcik
50.59%
43 50.59%
Sign him to long term contract
16.47%
14 16.47%
I don't care, sick of discussing Tee
12.94%
11 12.94%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
15 Days Prior to the draft. I would like Tee Higgins -
(04-10-2024, 03:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have given this a lot of thought. In 2024 do we need a great OT in the draft, or do we trade Tee (likely net a low #2 pick) which is dictates pick # 1 if our WR is available, we pull the trigger on the Tee Trade, use the extra second round on best OT left.

I vote to trade Tee, get the almost 22 million towards the cap and because trade is not completed until after our #18 selection (insure we get our WR), we count on a WR to start year one opposite Chase, but we also Yoshi who can compete with that #1 pick in training camp.

The draft is deep in 2 areas, WR and OT. Our other major need is DT, is Murphy is available, we could go Murphy, trade Tee for a second. Use the first 2nd round on an WR and the second on OT.

I was on the Tee train, but lots of great posts changed my mind to trade Tee.

What does it matter if they free up $22m this year? Where is it going to go?

The time to trade Tee has almost certainly passed. Meaning, they can’t reallocate that $22m to invest in players for 2024. I suppose they maybe could do some sort of three team swap. Send Higgins to the bills, the bills send the 2025 2nd (and more) to the raiders, the raiders send davante Adams and a 2026 3rd (effectively the comp pick) to the bengals. The bengals rework the deal with davante to effectively be a one year rental (like the Texans did with Diggs).

Essentially:
Bills get Higgins
Raiders get Buff 2025 Second Round Pick (via Texans), maybe a 4?
Bengals get Davante Adams and raiders 2026 3rd round pick.

Why would these teams do this.
Bills get a young receiver to go with Josh Allen
Raiders get draft capital as a rebuilding team
Bengals essentially just swap receivers for 2024, get (effectively) the comp pick they would get for Higgins AND any comp pick for adams.

Seeing as how this isn’t going to happen, we should keep Tee for 2024 to put ourselves in the best position to win now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 15 Days Prior to the draft. I would like Tee Higgins - - Bengalbug - 04-10-2024, 03:46 PM