Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Round Prospects You'd Avoid At All Costs
(04-10-2024, 05:47 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Going to push back on Guyton a little. Is he a project? Absolutely. But they guy literally has been playing OT for all of 3 years. He was a DL in HS and if it wasn't for TCU coaches saying "no, we're moving you to OL" he wouldn't have even had a D1 offer, literally had zero D1 offers other than TCU. 3.5 years later he's going to be a first round pick. Think about that for a second.

He's the type of guy that you look up in 6 years and he's been an all pro for 4 straight years and signing a $150mm contract. With the 2 tackles we have, he has a year to develop. I'd take Guyton at 18 in a heart beat. 

I won't go into a long-winded diatribe about all the issues I see with the guy and you obviously love his backstory and the player so I won't try to convince you on merit that he's a bad pick, but I will say two things.  First, This class has some real blue-chip players, maybe 17 guys, so I can't see under any circumstance how the best player available at 18 is Tyler Guyton, It would be soul-crushing levels of disappointment and I've lived through some very bad picks.  Speaking of bad picks, my 2nd point, Tyler Guyton looks like he could be genetically related to Cedric Ogbuehi

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Round Prospects You'd Avoid At All Costs - Okeana - 04-10-2024, 06:34 PM