Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Round Prospects You'd Avoid At All Costs
(04-10-2024, 05:03 PM)CJD Wrote: Mims has been my preferred choice at 18 for the last few weeks. With Brown, we no longer need a day 1 starter, so Mim's experience does not scare me that much. Plus, all reports indicate that when he is on the field, he plays well beyond his experience.

In my opinion, the only reason we have a shot at drafting him is because of that lack of experience. With his size, quality of play, athleticism (9.57 RAS) and youth (turning 22 in October), if he had played a full season, people would grade him above everyone but maybe Alt. And the injury he suffered was not a wear and tear injury or anything, it was just a freak accident. So it shouldn't lend to any concerns about injuries.

I say take the player with the highest upside and that, to me, is Mims.

Completely agree, I think we would be getting a major steal at 18 if we take Mims. Like you say, in another Draft where this guy actually played a
full season or two Mims would be the #1 OL taken. He is more physical than Alt, he is more athletic than Alt, he is bigger than Alt and he is just more
talented than any other OL in this class. Mims just needs snaps, he looks polished when playing in his little amount of snaps so I don't think Pollack 
could ruin him especially learning from proven top veterans in Trent and Orlando Brown along side Ted Karras as a rookie LG.

You heard it, if we draft Mims, he starts instantly in place of Volson at LG while preparing to take over the RT role after Trent Brown leaves or when 
he most likely gets injured during the season. With Mims athleticism he can play all over the line except Center and is one heck of puller.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Round Prospects You'd Avoid At All Costs - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-11-2024, 01:49 PM