Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Mock Draft Challenge: April
(04-12-2024, 11:02 AM)Whatever Wrote: Rumor going round is JPJ has some kind of degenerative medical condition, so he's a big time risk at a non-premium position and not a great value at 18.  

Newton is currently damaged goods and still not recovered from his surgery, which is causing him to slide.  He's a 1st round talent, so I get the gamble on a vacuum, but with medical concerns with JPJ, it kind of turns this draft into an extremely high risk one.  

Hall...I mean, with Rankins, Hill, Carter, and the addition of Newton, we're loaded at 3 tech.  I don't even see him getting snaps and it's hard for me to sign off on a third round pick that likely won't even dress on gamedays as a rookie.

Even if you're convinced Higgins will show up before the start of the season and return to '21/'22 form without the benefits of a TC and you're also convinced that out of an UDFA(Irwin) and a pair of Day 3 picks(Jones and Yoshi) that you've hit on a quality starting WR, we still only have 5 roster worthy WR's on an 11 base team that carries 6-7.  You really have to take at least one somewhere, if not two.  

Only google result I can find that mentions degenerative brings me to these boards? Where did you hear this rumor? He went to the senior bowl not at 100%, dominated, then pulled a hammy and bowed out. The oldest guy on our team is a free agent next year, he plays C. We haven’t been giving out many contracts to guys over 31. That’s why I really would like to have a stud on deck ready to go. If he doesn’t start this year that’s fine. Heal up big guy. I don’t want to risk scrambling to find a replacement and getting stuck with a shitty C getting blown up pushed into Burrows lap. It’s a recipe for sadness.

I think this is the perfect draft to take high risk high reward picks. Except these aren’t our normal high risk picks who might have character flags. These are big time high football character guys. Who if they are healthy in 6 months we look like geniuses for adding two of the best at their position.

Trey Smith comes to to mind as a recent faller due to medical that turned in to a stud. DK metcalf had a neck issue, Gronk had the back issue. I’m willing to roll the dice, we have 10 picks with no need for an immediate starter anywhere.

Carter played all 17 games last year and didn’t make much of an impact. Tufele played in 10 games. Tufele is probably gone. Carter might get pushed down the depth chart. The middle of our D was pillow soft and we lost our best DT. Rankins is a band aid and Hill is a free agent after the year. We have to get better. And I think these two would help us get there.

Can’t have it all. We drafted two last year we have high hopes for. Irwin has done nothing but produce when given an opportunity. And we have a few young undrafted guys at the end of the roster we have been developing. Boyd is still out there. Along with a handful of other serviceable veterans. And after the draft dust settles if we didn’t land a WR I imagine working with Burrow and the snaps that could potentially be up for grabs would be enticing for any free agents still out there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Mock Draft Challenge: April - NATI BENGALS - 04-12-2024, 08:14 PM