Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest
(04-12-2024, 11:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I've been mentioning the lack of Tee Higgins accolades this entire time. Literally still the exact same location for the goalposts.

You actually didn't do the same. You said...

You didn't use All-Pros OR stats. You just said some random shit and complained about goalposts despite me being very consistent in the fact that you're overvaluing Tee.

I never dismissed Tee's 1k seasons, he is a very good WR, I said as much. I just don't think he's a true difference maker or reliably healthy. I also don't agree with this top-20 myth you keep pushing. Here, I will just take a page out of your book and also just make a list of names and make proclamations. Right now he would be behind (roughly by draft year, no other order)....

Puka Nacua
Chris Olave
Garrett Wilson
George Pickens
Ja'Marr Chase
Amon Ra St Brown
Jaylen Waddle
Devonta Smith
Nico Collins (if he repeats his 2023 breakout)
Justin Jefferson
CeeDee Lamb
Brandon Aiyuk
AJ Brown
DK Metcalf
Terry McLauren
DJ Moore
Cooper Kupp
Chris Godwin
Tyreek Hill
Stefon Diggs
Amari Cooper
Tyler Lockett
Mike Evans
Devante Adams
Keenan Allen

Then Tee is in a little muddle with DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Pittman Jr, Rashee Rice and Jordan Addison.

That puts Tee in the 25 (if you don't believe in Nico Collins' breakout and put him at the very front of the muddle) and potentially 31st at the bottom of that muddle. That's not counting the probably 2-4 guys in the 2024 draft class who seemingly like clockwork are going to come out of the gates great.

Tee could indeed be a WR1 for someone, but I don't think he'd be more than a bottom tier WR1. He is a top-30 WR. Investing heavily in a potential bottom tier WR1 (with durability concerns) to be your WR2 just doesn't make sense when trying to build a team. I notice you never even tried to touch the reality that Connor Williams and Stephon Gilmore (probably around or just a bit more cost than Tee's $22m) plus a 2nd round WR would help the team in 2024 more than Tee. It's reality, with Chase around Tee is a luxury and an expensive luxury made even worse by the fact he doesn't want to be here and doesn't want to play under the tag.

I'm sure you'll find another magical thing that is "moving goalposts" even though I have been consistent in both my praise and criticism of Tee. Enjoy. Have a good night.

I didn’t post stats for those that I mentioned as they are just correct and I am on mobile and not easy to copy paste. But for fun, here you go. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receiving-yards-since-2020

Tee YPG 63.5
Brandon 63.4
Pittman 59.1

The AJ brown comp was comparing the first threee years. Obviously brown didn’t get hurt year 4 and tee did.

Olave has done around the same as Higgins with more targets.

I really have been backing up everything, even if not posted. You on the other hand are just pulling whatever from wherever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest - Bengalbug - 04-13-2024, 09:12 AM