0 0%
OTHER
3.23%
3 3.23%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 1st Round Draft Pick (Board Selection)
Man, I guess I'm in the minority for folks who would be clicking their heels for Latu.  Call me crazy, I do believe that he could take the defense to the next level.  He would also be great insurance for if Hendrickson were to have to miss time or if some of the back end of the roster guys don't show miraculous growth.  I don't think anyone should write off Ossai or Murphy out of hand...nor do I think that anyone should just assume that either will develop into a plus starter.  Both Hendrickson and Hubbard have played a lot of snaps in the past years.
Can they keep it up as they get a little longer in the tooth? Maybe they'd appreciate being spelled once in a while. For Latu I think of his production, projection, skill, and tenacity.  I would be really pleased if they were to steal Latu at 18.  Doubt that he'll be there, but it's fun to think about.

Latham would be my next choice.  Feeding the OL room and getting guys in the pipeline has paid dividends for KC.      

I'm also pretty high on Barton.  You don't have to be a Volson hater or a Karras hater to like the pick.  Injuries happen.  Karras is going to have to have a goldilocks year in terms of performance AND he'll have to accept a goldilocks contract after this year if he's going to remain on the team.  

Murphy or Newton I'd be cool with but wouldn't expect the world out of.  I wonder with both just how much their teammates helped to boost their draft stock.  Murphy has shorter arms and Newton isn't an A+ run defender.  Both are good players.  18 seems a little rich to me for either of them.

Mims I'm torn on.  He has some good highlights.  I just wonder if evaluators have seen the lowlights.  How is he going to look after a long slog of a season where he's nicked up?  Are there any offensive tackles in recent history who have played so little in college and who have gone on to have good NFL careers?  I'm OK with some risk if the potential payoff is there.  If there have been a total of 0 analogs to Mims who have played 8 starts and gone on to be good tackles...that is a LOT of risk.  

I just don't see the value for outside skill guys this year.  WR seems deep after the elite guys go. CB they've sunk a lot of capital into. They should've just re-signed Awuzie if they don't think that Taylor-Britt, Turner, and Hilton can hold down the fort.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 1st Round Draft Pick (Board Selection) - Bilbo Saggins - 04-15-2024, 02:18 AM