Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police searching for Kansas City Chiefs player in connection to racing crash that inj
(04-11-2024, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wouldn't say it just applies to athletes, they just have "more to lose" in a sense. When I went to high school I recall watching those graphic "this is what happens to people who speed" videos in driver's class and seeing the wrecked cars placed in front of the school the week before prom.  Didn't stop a handful of my classmates from driving 100+ miles per hour, crashing, and in some cases dying.

I remember riding in a truck with a friend of mine around that time, or I think we were in college by this point, but he was driving so insanely fast I was reduced to silently praying for my life.  I remember getting out of the truck and telling him I don't think I had enough luck left to keep riding with him.  I also asked how he can drive like that and not think about you know...dying any second.  He looked at me like I was nuts.  Of course he and a few pals from the country club side of town routinely drove and wrecked cars and got new ones, so maybe that was the reason.  If I had wrecked my mom's 1990 Buick Skylark she'd have had to walk to work. Then again, in that thing I literally couldn't drive 55.

Final story if anyone is reading, about a decade ago my gf at the time was watching some "reality" show about people who leave the amish life and start living among the English, and one of the episodes was about one of the formerly amish guys dying in a "drove like a maniac for no reason" car crash.  His buddies, all other formerly amish early 20-somethings, responded by talking and laughing about good times where they were riding with him and they were driving so fast they almost wrecked and died.

Something about driving like an absolute maniac being a danger to you, your passengers, and anyone who is unlucky enough to be anywhere near you doesn't register to a lot of males under a certain age.  Quite the "danger" blindspot.

That's true, you can say it applies to everyone. The point I was making about athletes is a lot of them come from nothing, and all of a sudden, they have millions of dollars. They probably haven't driven much but go buy the most exotic high-powered car they can find and go out and street race it. The fact someone else just went through this same scenario and is going to spend years behind bars and not have a career for killing people just doesn't sink in with them. I'm telling ya, if I were a player's agent, I would be in his ear every day telling him to use a black car service and don't ever drive.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Police searching for Kansas City Chiefs player in connection to racing crash that inj - Sled21 - 04-15-2024, 10:41 AM